DIY Audio & Video
FAQs, Tutorials, and Calculators for
Speaker Boxes, Crossovers, Filters, Wiring and more
- Alarm Components - What are the different components that make up a Security System, from sensors to keypads to the main panel..
- Alarm Planning - Some options with examples on choosing how to make use of the available "zones" in your alarm panel.
- Tamper Proof Wiring - Understanding the different methods that can be used to bypass an alarm will help you understand some of the wiring conventions used in alarm systems.
- Alarm Wiring - How do wire the different types of powered and non-powered using Normally Open / Normally Closed circuits with and without End of Line Resistors.
- Sample DSC Alarm - Pictures and Wiring Plans for every necessary component to wire a DSC Power 864 Security System.
- Programming the Alarm - How to setup the zones, activation codes, and other considerations after your alarm system is wired and ready.
3rd order Butterworth crossover tables using only E24 components.
- NHT1259 - Home Audio Projects using this 12" woofer from NHT.
- Home Projects - Other Speaker and Electronics Home Projects.
- Car Project - Car Audio Projects.
Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided free of charge. All
information provided on this web site is provided 'AS IS'. No guarantee is provided for the
accuracy of the information or the application of the information provided herein. I accept
no responsibility or liability with regards to the accuracy or currency of the information
provided. By using, reading or accessing this web site and the audio section, you agree to
be the user of the information provided. The user accepts full responsibility for all
information provided. Although I try to keep the information on this site as accurate as possible,
there is no guarantee that my reference materials or the material on this site is
correct. This information is provided for reference purposes only! The technical information
listed here are for general applications only. When in doubt, always seek the help of a