How to connect DVD To TV Using S-Video Digital Optical Wires
Click here for help identifying the different types of wires and connectors
Click here for help identifying connectors on the back of components
Click here to see this wiring diagram
- Connect one end of the TOS Link Digital Optical cable to the DVD connector labeled TOS Link or Optical Output and the other end to a TOS Link Digital Optical connector on the TV that also has a S-Video connector in the same section.
- Connect one end of the S-Video cable to the DVD connector labeled S-Video, Output, Monitor or TV and the other end to the S-Video Input on the TV that is next to the Digital Optical Audio connector above.
- To watch a DVD, turn on the DVD Player and put in the DVD. Select the Input on the TV that corresponds to the label next to where you connected the S-Video cable from the DVD Player.
Note: These instructions do not include any additional customizations you may have made.
Select the components below to add them to the diagram.
|No TV||No Receiver||No TV Source||No CD||No Computer|
|TV||A/V Receiver||Cable Box||CD Player||Computer|
|Input Selector||Satellite||SACD Player|
|No VCR||No DVD Player||No DVD Recorder||No Game System||No Record Player|
|VCR||DVD Player||DVD Recorder||Game System||Record Player|
|VCR/DVD Combo||BluRay Player||TiVo / DVR|
Start Over with a new diagram
Wiring Diagram Resize Diagram: 100%
Instructions for using this page:
- Click the buttons at the top to add Audio/Video components to the diagram.
- Click or to add or remove outputs from a component.
- Use the first drop down list on each component to connect to a different component.
- Use the second drop down list to change the type of wire. More stars below means better quality wire.
Click here to load a Permanent Link for this diagram that can then be bookmarked or shared with others or copy the URL below.